Managing and Business Development Editor
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 p/a
The peer-reviewed journal Reproductive BioMedicine Online is looking a full-time Managing and Business Development Editor (40 hours a week Monday to Friday, with flexibility for representing the journal at national and international medical conferences).
To apply for this role, or to request further information, please email email@example.com
To work directly with the Chief Editor and Chairman on the efficient management and strategic development of the journal.
- Regular analysis and reporting of key journal metrics to assess performance and inform management and development decisions.
- Progressing initiatives and developments (for example novel content strands) as outlined by the Chief Editor and Chairman.
- Identification of potential new initiatives or subject areas, to strengthen the journal's position within the market sector, in discussion with the Chief Editor and Chairman.
- Progressing existing activities, including social media presence, compilation of a quarterly digest, press releases and media coverage as required, in close interaction with the Chief Editor and publisher.
- Working with Editorial Office as necessary to help manage an efficient, rigorous and author-friendly peer-review process that maintains high professional and scientific standards.
- Science postdoc/PhD, ideally with relevant subject background.
- Excellent interactive, team-working skills, while also having the ability to work independently.
- Flexible, analytical and proactive.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Experience of academic publishing and the peer review process would be helpful.
- Increased number of high-quality published articles and an even distribution of papers per subject section.
- Faster handling of papers.
- Improved feedback from authors, editors and referees.
- Improved performance of the Journal in terms of citations and downloads.
- Establish and support a committee for invited reviews.
- Editorial expansion/innovation in related/emerging fields.
- Active social media presence.
- Increased press coverage through regular, targeted press releases.
- Displaying integrity and honesty.
- Connects the group to the outside world.
- Takes initiative.
- Technical/professional expertise.
- Practices self development.
- Builds relationships.
- Collaboration and teamwork.