Fertility Fest 2019
Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London EC2Y 8DS
23 April 2019 - 12 May 2019
Fertility Fest, the world's first arts festival dedicated to the science of making babies and modern families, is now in its third year. This year's edition runs from 23 April to 12 May at London's Barbican, with satellite festivals taking place at the Fertility Show (Manchester 23/24 March) and ESHRE (Vienna, 24-26 June).
The festival was founded by author and fertility campaigner Jessica Hepburn (The Pursuit of Motherhood and 21 Miles) and theatre producer Gabby Vautier, who present two very different stories of IVF: Jessica went through eleven rounds of unsuccessful treatment; Gabby is the mother of four-year-old IVF twin girls.
Actress MAXINE PEAKE (TV's Shameless, Silk, Dinnerladies) will be starring in the stage production of Julia Leigh's powerful IVF memoir Avalanche which is the centrepiece of Fertility Fest at the Barbican.
Alongside this, over 200 artists and fertility experts come together to discuss:
- The Queer Family (24 April)
- The Invisible Man (25 April)
- Parenting After IVF (26 April)
- There's More To Life Than Children (27 April)
- Trying To Conceive (28 April)
- Miscarriage (29 April)
- Young, Gifted and Infertile (30 April)
- Race, Religion and Reproduction and The Big Fertility Questions (1 May)
- Fertility Freedom Scratch Night (2 May)
- What Comes First: The Career or the Egg?, including Solo Motherhood and Egg Freezing (4 May)
- The Gift (for families created through donation and surrogacy) (5 May)
And not forgetting the BIG FAT FESTIVAL DAY on Friday 3 May - the Fest's signature full day of events putting IVF under the creative spotlight with guest of honour, the world's first IVF baby Louise Brown!
Don't miss what promises to be an amazing programme of events that aims to improve fertility education, patient solidarity and support, and raise all levels of public discourse about fertility.
Full details and tickets - www.fertilityfest.com